We all know watching Married At First Sight that yes, while it's romantic and dramatic... it is still a TV show.
Well one of the guests who was lucky enough to attend gay couple (and now separated) Craig and Andy's wedding has now stepped forward and dished some goss on what happens at the ceremony and reception.
They revealed to Pedestrian the following goodies (anonymously of course):
- While the ceremony was edited to around 5 mins on camera, in actual fact it took hours to record
- It was shot a total of 4 times (yes 4 times!!)
- That meant the celebrant had to make the same 'mistakes' 4 times
- Apparently guests were asked to stay in their hotel before the wedding, in case they bumped into someone from the other wedding party, ruining the surprise
- Food wasn't served at the reception until quite late, so a 'sunset shot' could be captured
- When guests wanted coffee, their request was declined as producers needed them to have a champers in their hand to look like they were having fun
- The day lasted 13 hours
- Guests were filmed dancing with NO music (awks) so they could overlay music in post production
We're not sure we'd complain about a free trip to New Zealand, but hey - you can't please everyone?
No doubt a LOT of preparation and hard work goes into setting up the weddings, so you gotta give props to the MAFS team for making it look so beautiful and stress-free... you know, apart from that little bit where Craig's ex turned up to the wedding...
Photo credit: Channel Nine