Reports are emerging of another Samsung phone catching fire and exploding over the weekend.
A Samsung phone user from France claims her Galaxy J5 suddenly got very hot on Sunday. Smoke then began to pour out of the “swollen up” phone.
The phone quickly caught fire, followed by the back blowing off.
The Samsung phone in question is different to the Galaxy Note 7 which was recalled worldwide after reports of batteries overheating and catching fire.
A mobile analyst for IDC said that incident was likely an isolated one. The phone has been on the market for several months, and this is the first report of a battery fire.
Image credit: Samsung