It’s not long to go until the Melbourne Cup Carnival really kicks off, which means we are starting to think seriously about what we’re going to wear!
It can be a challenge finding the perfect dress. Racewear is all about being classy and sophisticated, so keep this in mind when you start looking for an outfit to wear to Flemington. But that doesn't mean it needs to be boring!
Each race day on the Melbourne Cup Carnival calendar has its own traditional dress code, which can help make it a little easier to narrow down your outfit options.
AAMI Victoria Derby Day – Saturday 29 October
Black and white is the traditional colour scheme for AAMI Victoria Derby Day! If you’re someone who loves to dress in black (aren’t we all!) then add a splash of white via your accessories.
Emirates Melbourne Cup Day – Tuesday 1 November
It’s the biggest race day of the year, so this is your opportunity to really make a splash. Bright colours, bold designs and statement hats are all part of the celebratory vibe of the Emirates Melbourne Cup.
Crown Oaks Day – Thursday 3 November
Ladies day is a chance for the fashionistas to shine. It’s the most glamorous day of the Melbourne Cup Carnival, and feminine designs reign supreme.
Emirates Stakes Day – Saturday 5 November
Family day means that things are a little more relaxed at Flemington. The raceday dress code is definitely still at play, but you can feel comfortable wearing something a little simpler and less splashy.
- Heels are a must, but break them in before you go.
- Finish off your outfit with a hat or fascinator – Myer has an excellent selection!
- This is a daytime event, so nightclub attire is not appropriate.
- Longer hemlines are on trend, and are also perfectly suited to the sophisticated Melbourne Cup Carnival atmosphere.
- Make sure you choose something that you love and feel totally comfortable in!
- Have fun with it - because how often do we get the chance to dress up!?
The Playground at Flemington awaits. Book your tickets to the Melbourne Cup Carnival today.