It definitely pays to be a model in 2016.
The Forbes World’s Highest-Paid Models List has been revealed and it’s no surprise who makes the cut.
Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid, who are part of the new guard of supermodels with a high-profile social media base, make the list at number 3 and 4, respectively.
Kendall Jenner’s huge social media following - $64 million - has helped her secure deals with Estee Lauder and Calvin Klein, who see her online influence as a bonus. Jenner was the best performer of all the models, with her earnings sky-rocketing to 150% from 2015.
Meanwhile genetically blessed Gigi Hadid made the list for the first time and earned a cool $9 million, and that’s thanks to her contracts with big-names Tommy Hilfiger and Maybelline.
It is surprising, however, that Gigi’s sister Bella is absent on the list, despite being dubbed "Model of the Year" and modelling for the likes of Givenchy, Balmain and Fendi as well as being the face of Dior Beauty. Although, she is relatively new compared to her sister and Jenner - so we're confident that she'll make the list in the future!
But Brazilian Gisele Bundchen trumps everyone at the number 1 spot with her total earnings of $30.5 million - an impressive $20 million ahead of Adriana Lima - holding the title for the 15th consecutive year. The fashion titan is still killing the game despite the fact that she retired from the runway last year. How does she do it?!
Oh, that’s right. She only has major contracts with Chanel, Pantene, Carolina Herrera and her burgeoning lingerie and beauty empires. NABD.
See which other models made the list:
1. Gisele Bundchen: $30.5 million
2. Adriana Lima: $10.5 million
3. Kendall Jenner and Karlie Kloss: $10 million
4. Gigi Hadid and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: $9 million
5. Cara Delevingne: $8.5 million
6. Candice Swanepoel and Liu Wen: $7 million
7. Miranda Kerr: $6 million
8. Natalia Vodianova and Lara Stone: $5.5 million
9. Doutzen Kroes, Kate Moss and Alessandra Ambrosio: $5 million
10. Joan Smalls: $4.5 million
11. Lily Aldridge, Barbara Palvin, Jasmine Tookes and Taylor Hill: $4 million
We’re all waiting to be reincarnated into Victoria Secret Models right about now.