Soon-to-be mothers have started a new beauty trend for the delivery room and not everyone is on board.
People are concerned that mums are going to the trouble of getting fake tans, along with professional makeup topped with eyelash extensions all for their first photos on social media with their newborns.
Naturally, not everyone agrees with this process.
This morning on The Today Show, they highlighted their concerns. One of them being that fake tans smell and while you’re bonding with your baby and trying breast feeding for the first time the chemicals and smell would not be the best.
Others believe that it is all for the perfect Facebook post and they aren’t actually thinking of the baby, but focusing on how people would later see them later online. They also think that women now feel the pressure to look a certain way at all times and the stress of the way they are looking in labour is taking away some of the natural experience of child birth.
There are even a number of blogs online that are dedicated to delivery room beauty advice.
Writer Ciaran Blumenfeld and pregnancyandbaby.com gave their readers these tips.
- Blow your hair dry, get a blow out, just don’t have bad hair the week you are due.
- If wearing your hair down is out of the question, wear your hair pulled back in a sleek ponytail.
- Pack a simple make-up kit with staples like foundation, lip gloss and of course, mascara.
- Know your face and figure out your best angles and work that camera.
- Pack our own PJ;s and get changed right before the photos will be taken.
- Take time to regroup, enjoy your newborn baby and freshen up later.
To be honest, this sounds like a lot of effort while in hospital, but hey whatever works for you!
What do you guys think?
Image Credit: Channel Nine, The Today Show, Sarah Jane Young