Teen Dies From Hickey Given By Girlfriend

2016-08-29 06:05:37Z
Hayley Mitchelhill-Miller
Hayley Mitchelhill-Miller

A Girl Has No Name... But if you must know I'm Hayley, aka Numpty 'coz I'm a clutz. I'm a Scoopla content producer, actor, martial artist, and you'll often find me binge-watching Netflix with my partner.

Stay in the Loop

Scoopla in your inbox.
Every week.

A love bite isn't something you'd expect to be dangerous, but a 17-year-old has died as a result of getting one.

All the kissing aspects which go along with being in the throws of love are supposed to make us feel alive and intimately connected to the person we've chosen to be with.

However, never could anyone expect that a simple hickey, (aka love bite: a bruise like mark on someone's body, from someone sucking on an area of skin, which causes small blood-vessels to burst under the skin), could be life-threatening.

17-year-old Mexico City resident Julio Macias Gonzalez passed away after experiencing convulsions at a family dinner, as a result of a passionate evening spent with his girlfriend.

Why? Because of a hickey-induced stroke.

It is a rare incident in which the suction of a hickey/love bite causes damage to a major artery in the neck, causing a clot to travel to the brain, leading to a stroke.

A similar situation was recorded in 2011, where a New Zealand woman was reportedly left partially paralysed from a stroke, thought to be caused by similar reasons.

Our thoughts are with Julio's family and friends, and we sincerely hope the blame for such a rare and uncommon occurrence isn't thrust upon his girlfriend.

We're on Snapchat!
Add @scooplasnap
or
Scan our Snapcode

You May Also Like