The weather keeps getting better, which means we’re locking in more and more fun social activities with our friends.
Spring is definitely the time of year to get out there and do something different, whether that’s a music festival, the races or a picnic in the countryside. This means being out all day and coming home late in the evening!
If you’re heading to a big all day event like the Melbourne Cup Carnival then there are a few things you should do to keep your cool and make the most of the day.
1. Charge your phone before you leave the house. You’re going to want to take a lot of photos to remember the day, you might need it to find a lost friend or you may just urgently need to look up a location. A full battery will help things run smoothly!
2. Set up a home base for you and your friends as soon as you arrive. Make sure you can all sit down comfortably in this spot, and that it’s easy to find if you lose each other.
3. Use sunscreen. Even if the forecast isn’t for hot weather you should still layer on the SPF. Take some with you so you can re-apply.
4. Pop on your sunglasses. Your eyes definitely need protecting if you’re going to be outside all day.
5. Keep up the water intake. Dehydration can really ruin your day, so make sure you’re sipping on water all day long.
6. Make sure to eat. Sometimes we can be having so much fun that we forget about food – and sampling different treats is one of the best parts of an event like the Melbourne Cup Carnival.
7. Know exactly how you’re going to get home. Nothing can destroy your vibe more than transport woes, so have your exit plan ready!
The Playground at Flemington awaits. Book your tickets to the Melbourne Cup Carnival today.